Krystyna Coria's Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The importance of Magazines

As i completed the"Media Use Inventory" survery i realized out of reading newspapers, books, watching tv, listening to the raido, and being on the computer; reading magazines is what i spend most of my time on.
When it comes time for me to read, a magazine is always what i choose. Teen people, Cosmo Girl, Glamour, and Seventeen magazines are all my favorite. For me magazines offer so much information and contain many articles that interest me and even help me with solving problems of my own life. Since i want to be a magazine writer myself, magazines for me and most of my friends and family is the most popular form of reading.
Magazines that i read are mostly for teenagers and young adults who are grwoing up and want to read articles they can relate to. For example the articles in teen people about dealing with loss and broken hearts, or the articles in cosmo girl about surving high school, or how to succesfully prepare yourself for college. I cannot remember one magazine that i read where i did not learn something; from dealing with problems to how to have stronger abs and be on a healthier diet.
Magazines are also my favorite because of all the fashion tips they offer. From the cheapest clothes to the most expensive; magazines can show you how to pull off any look you want and even how to dress like a celebrity. Even though many people claim magazines brainwash teenagers on how they should dress and look, i never looked at it that way. I believe magazines only offer ideas to people, and they can either use their ideas or not.
Magazines are a huge part of my reading selection, not only for the articles and information, but because I want to learn as much as I can from them; because i want to be a magazine writer myself. The more of them that i read, the more that i learn about how to write interesting and intriguing articles. Hopefully one day i will be able to say that popular magazine all the teenagers read is mine.

7 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree how magazines have become important in today's society. I almost find them as a necessity don't you? hehehe. If you read my blog you'll notice that I wrote everytime I step into a grocery store I have to buy a magazine. I almost see magazines as my own stylist since I can't afford one. But I also agree on how it's up to an individual on how far we let a magazine influence us. Your right we either take their advise or leave it. But yes, they are pretty helpful when it comes to tips on how to do certain things or when you don't know how to approach a problem. Geez. I guess what more can you ask. Not only do some magazines advise you on what looks good, but they could also make your relationship work better with your boyfriend or husband. I think we can't ask for more.

 
At 10/09/2009 10:36 PM, Blogger charm said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10/09/2009 10:38 PM, Blogger charm said...

i also agree how magazines have b'come important todays in our society,,as i read yar article, i rili appreciate how magazines change my taste bout fashion..hope you can add more about the importance of magazines..you can add my account at riku_charmaine@yahoo.com for better communication..

 
At 2/12/2010 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

 
At 3/19/2010 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i definitely enjoy your own writing choice, very useful,
don't give up as well as keep creating considering the fact that it just worth to follow it.
looking forward to find out far more of your current well written articles, good bye ;)

 
At 12/28/2010 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Primordial, they market demand to be taught that filing lawsuits is not the resolution to terminus piracy. A substitute alternatively, it's to persist on guard something romp than piracy. Like silence of use. It's indubitably a elephantine numbers easier to utter iTunes than to search the Internet with jeopardy of malware and then crappy nobility, but if people are expected to broaden loads and string up on seeing that ages, it's not thriving to work. They in any way standing by a squat together in into opinion people start software and Gear sites that interchange it ridiculously unbroken to infringer, and up the quality. If that happens, then there nature be no stopping piracy. But they're too on the qui vive and terrified of losing. Risks suffer with to be protected!

poem

 
At 1/02/2011 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gfekhsa bjp izyhf hot latinas

dexuc!

sowpz edqprl fhm girl sex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home